There are important questions and answers that you need before hiring a wildlife removal company. The only thing worse than enduring noises from pesky little creatures inhabiting your home is hiring an inefficient service. You want to know that you are dealing with a professional service that meets local, state and federal industry standards regarding safety and environmental protections.
How to Choose a Good Wildlife Removal Company
The following guidelines will help you choose a good wildlife removal service.
Choose a Wildlife Removal Company That Provides Onsite Inspections
First, make sure that the company will complete an onsite inspection of problem areas. No matter how much a company may boast about its services, none is good enough to give you an accurate assessment over the telephone. They could, however, give you an overview of the services offered and a general fee.
(click on animal you think is your nuisance)
- Raccoons: Raccoon removals can be very danagerous, so please DO NOT attempt to trap raccoons and get rid of raccoons on your own. Call Masters Services Animal Control, a trained professional in how to remove raccoons in the attic.
- Armadillos: Armadillos are one of the hardest animals to trap because their food source is in the ground, not the trap. They do not come back to the same food source every night, so trapping can take weeks.
- Squirrels: Squirrel Control is a common nuisance to home owners that can become overwhelming to deal with. Squirrels in attics chew on electrical wires that is a fire danger! Here at Masters Services we act quickly to get rid of squirrels in the attic fast to ensure the cost is not growing added damages.
- Bats: The inspection will provide the amount of bat proofing that needs to be sealed on the exterior of the structure and how much clean up, sanitizing, and deodorizing that needs to be performed.
- Skunks: Masters Services specializes in how to get rid of skunks fast. Our skunk control services Dallas, Houston, and Fort Worth areas and uses the safest and fastest skunk removal methods in the industry.
- Opossums: If you have an opossum living on you property we will trap him and relocate him usually within 48 hours, if not 24 hours. No guarantee due to the opossum might have left on his own, but if he comes back or has take residence we will remove him within a timely manner.
- Rats: Masters Services specializes in how to get rid of rats in attics and knows how to get rats out of homes fast. We simply are the best rat trapping exterminators in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston.
- Dead Animals: Dead Animal Removal in a wall, ceiling, attic, or any where that has an unpleasant odor. Serving Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Arlington, The Woodlands, and all surrounding cities.
During the inspection, the representative from the company should identify:
• The type of animal wreaking havoc in your home
• Current and potential entry points
• Whether the animal(s) has offspring
The company should also provide a written estimate once the inspection is complete. If there is a fee for the inspection, ask whether it is applied to the total cost.
Request Details of Work That the Wildlife Removal Company Will Perform
Request specific details of how the work will be performed. Generally, this is included in the written estimate and will explain how the animal intrusion problem is going to be resolved. The company representative should explain whether the animal will be killed or trapped. If there are offspring, ask if they will be abandoned. In addition to how the animals are treated, you also want to know if this is a long-term or short-term solution.
Ask for a Written Guarantee from the Wildlife Removal Company
Typically, a good wildlife removal company offers a minimum one-year guarantee of its services against animal reentry. The work is not complete unless access points are identified and refitted with exclusion material. In addition to a service guarantee, request assurance that work practices comply with wildlife removal regulations for your area.
Request References from the Wildlife Removal Company
Ask for references from previous customers. Check with the local animal control agency to determine if the company is in good standing and uses human practices.
Choose a Fully Insured Wildlife Removal Company
Naturally, removing wild animals can be dangerous. Not only can these creatures bite or scratch to defend “their” territory, but they can also carry parasites and diseases. They create a mess in your home and attract other insects that will also cause diseases. There could be exposed wiring, weakened structures or toxic residues that pose a risk to you and your family.
Without question, you want to hire a professional through Masters Services that is fully insured and licensed according to industry guidelines.