Long-Lasting Chimney Cap Repair
Why a Chimney Cap is Important
A chimney cap is the protective covering that sits on top of the chimney crown, the very top part of your chimney. Typically made of durable steel or copper mesh, the chimney cap acts as a barrier that stands between the interior of your chimney and the elements, as well as dirt, debris, and even animals. A chimney cap is important for several reasons, some of the most notable of which include:
- Reduces moisture. Moisture and chimneys don’t mix, and the chimney cap prevents moisture from traveling into the structure.
- Prevents downdrafts. A chimney cap also prevents wind from blowing into your chimney and your home.
- Spark arrestor. Sparks and embers that travel up your chimney are trapped by the chimney cap, which prevents the risk of fire.
- Blocks animals. Critters, such as squirrels, raccoons, bats, and birds, often seek shelter inside chimneys, but a chimney cap prevents them from entering the structure.
- Prevents blockages. A chimney cap stops debris, such as leaves, twigs, and branches, from traveling into your chimney and creating blockages.
Signs You Need to Repair Your Chimney Cap
Given all of the important functions it serves, the chimney cap is arguably one of the most important parts of your chimney. Without it, moisture, dirt, debris, wind, and animals can travel down into your chimney, and sparks can travel out and land on your roof, trees, or nearby structures, which can result in serious issues, such as masonry damage, blockages, and most concerning, fires. Constant exposure to the elements, as well as extreme heat and smoke from your fireplace, can damage the chimney cap, which can spell serious trouble. To avoid major issues, if your chimney cap is damaged, having it repaired as soon as possible is essential. But how can you tell if your chimney cap is damaged? The following are some of the signs that you need to contact a Houston, TX chimney cap repair professional:
- Blockages, including debris, animals, and nests in your chimney
- An unexpected and excessive buildup of creosote
- Water and/or debris in the firebox
- The chimney cap is missing
Houston’s Chimney Cap Repair Specialists
Master Services is Houston’s first choice for chimney cap repair and replacement. For more than 20 years, our fully licensed and insured, locally owned and operated company has been improving the safety and ensuring the comfort of residents throughout Harris County with premium-quality chimney cap services. Our team of professionally trained experts has the knowledge and experience that’s needed to properly repair your chimney cap, restore the function of this vital part of your chimney, and ensure the security of your home.
We use the highest quality materials from leading manufacturers, which we combine with tried and tested techniques and strategies to deliver durable, long-lasting results. For quality chimney cap repair services in Houston and the surrounding areas, there’s only one company to call: Master Services!
We are experts in our field and deliver durable, long-lasting results.
Reputation of Success
We have successfully repaired the chimney caps of countless homeowners throughout the greater Houston and Harris County areas.