Schedule Services with the Chimney Pros
Our family-owned and operated business has been serving the greater Dallas - Fort Worth area for over 25 years.
Call us today or fill out the form and we will call you to get started!
Brick Repair in Humble, TX 77338
Fantastic Reasons to Invest in Professional Brick Restoration for Your Humble, TX Chimney
If you’re in need of brick restoration services for your Harris County chimney, contact Masters Services! As a leading Humble, TX brick repair company that specializes in all aspects of brick restoration and repair, we’ve been enhancing the beauty and improving the structural integrity of brick chimneys and fireplaces for more than 18 years. Our team of fully licensed and insured, professionally trained, and highly experienced technicians use the most advanced techniques, proven strategies, and state-of-the-art equipment to completely revitalize all kinds of brickwork. Whether the bricks in your chimney are loose, cracked, or chipped, or the color has faded and they look weathered and worn, when you choose Masters Services for your brick restoration needs, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney will look as good as it – if not better – than the day it was installed.
Why You Should Invest in Professional Brick Restoration Services for Your Humble, TX Chimney
Of all the different types of materials that chimneys can be made of, brick is arguably the most popular. It’s durable, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing, so it’s easy to see why; however, despite these benefits, brick chimneys aren’t infallible. With constant exposure to the elements, extreme temperatures, and caustic fumes that fires produce, brickwork and the mortar that holds it in place experiences a lot of wear and tear. It’s only a matter of time before they start to show signs of damage and lose their appeal. Fortunately, when that happens, there is a way to bring the structure back to life. How? With professional brick restoration services, of course!
What is brick restoration? When should you have your brick chimney restored? What are the benefits of hiring a Humble, TX brick repair professional? Keep on reading to learn more about brick restoration, and to discover why it’s a worthwhile investment for your Harris County home.
What is Brick Restoration?
As the name suggests, brick restoration refers to the process of restoring the appearance and the structural integrity of structures that are made of brick, including brick chimneys. The process entails repairing any damage to the brick and mortar (the cement-like material that holds the bricks in place). Loose bricks will be secured, and damaged bricks will be replaced. The color of the brick and mortar will also be rejuvenated. In other words, brick restoration revitalizes your brick chimney.
Signs Your Harris County Brick Chimney Should Be Restored
So, how can you tell when the brickwork on your Harris County chimney needs to be restored? Closely examine the structure. If you notice one or more of the following, it’s definitely time to invest in brick restoration services.
- Discoloration. If the bricks and mortar appear to be discolored – it’s weathered, dull, gray, or faded, for example – you’re going to want to put brick restoration on your list of things to do. Constant exposure to the elements, such as the sun’s harsh UV rays, wind, and rain, can alter the color of the brickwork and mortar joints, weaken the materials, and detract from the aesthetic appeal of your Harris County home.
- Spalling. Spalling occurs when moisture gets trapped inside masonry materials. Signs of spalling include chipping, peeling, and crumbling bricks and mortar joints. It’s a common problem, and while it’s generally an aesthetic issue, if left unchecked, it can cause more severe, widespread damage. Fortunately, brick restoration can correct the issue before it becomes a major concern.
- Mortar damage. Mortar is the glue that holds the bricks your Harris County chimney is made of together. While it’s quite durable, over time, it can deteriorate under the harsh conditions that it’s exposed to on a regular basis. If the mortar joints in your chimney appear thin, are cracking or crumbling, or if pieces are missing, brick restoration is a must. If left unrepaired, the structural integrity of your chimney will become compromised, and eventually, it could completely collapse.
- Bulging bricks. If the bricks on the exterior of your chimney seem to be bulging either inward or outward, you’ll certainly want to have them restored. When moisture seeps into the brickwork, it can travel into the materials that support them, such as wood or concrete. When that happens, the bricks can bulge, and the integrity of the structure will be compromised.
- Cracks. If you spot vertical, horizontal, or diagonal cracks in the brickwork, you’ll want to have them repaired as soon as possible. Cracks do more than negatively impact the beauty of your Harris County chimney; they can also cause more severe problems, such as water damage.
The Benefits of Professional Humble, TX Brick Repair and Restoration Services
When it comes to brick restoration, you have two options: you can do the job yourself or you can hire a professional. While attempting to do the job yourself may be tempting, especially if you’re the handy type and you enjoy doing projects around your Harris County house, before you strap on your tool belt and stock up on supplies, here’s a look at some great reasons why you should seriously consider foregoing the DIY attempt and hire a Humble, TX brick repair professional instead.
- Better results. Sure, you may be a self-proclaimed Mr. or Ms. Fix-It, and while you may have successfully completed several projects around the house, some jobs are better left in the hands of the professionals, and brick restoration is definitely one of those jobs. It’s true there are lots of great tutorials and how-to guides that detail the brick restoration process, but if you want the best results possible, you’ll want to call in a pro. Brick restoration is a complex process. It requires a lot of skill and the right tools and materials. A licensed Humble, TX brick repair professional will have the training, hands-on experience, knowledge, and skill – as well as the appropriate supplies and equipment – to get the job done right. Plus, they’ll make sure that the finished product looks as good as it did the day your chimney was first installed.
- Improved safety. The importance of chimney safety cannot be understated. Each year, chimney fires cause countless dollars in damages, severe injuries, and even death across the United States. Damaged bricks and mortar joints can increase the risk of chimney fires. Plus, if the bricks and mortar aren’t properly restored, the structure will weaken, and could potentially collapse. You also need to consider that the chimney restoration process itself can be hazardous, as it requires the use of heavy materials high off the ground. In order to avoid the dangers that can be associated with poor brick restoration, and to ensure the safety of yourself, your family, and your Harris County home, hiring a Humble, TX brick repair specialist is highly recommended.
- Cost savings. One of the reasons why many homeowners attempt to do their own brick restoration is so they can save money. While it’s true that you will have to pay for professional services, in the long run, the DIY approach can end up costing a whole lot more. If you damage your Harris County chimney or property, or if you don’t do the job properly, you could end up causing more costly damage; and, you may need to call in a professional to make the repairs anyway. A reputable Humble, TX brick repair specialist will know how to properly restore the brickwork in your chimney, and if any damages do occur, their insurance will cover the related repair costs. The bottom line: hiring a professional is surprisingly more affordable than doing the job yourself.
Contact Harris County’s Brick Restoration Experts
Bring your chimney back to life with brick restoration services from Masters Services! For more than 18 years, our Humble, TX brick repair technicians have been expertly restoring the structural integrity and the visual appeal of brick chimneys throughout Harris County. We’ve served dozens of satisfied clients over the years, and we’re confident that we can satisfy your brick restoration needs, too. If you’re interested in more information or you would like to schedule a free consultation, get in touch with us today! Fill out and submit the short contact form on our website or give us a call directly at 972-877-4650. However you get in touch with us, one of our knowledgeable and friendly associates will be more than happy to assist you.
The team at Masters Services is looking forward to restoring the beauty, function, and safety of your brick chimney.
Some information about Humble, TX
Humble is a city located in the Houston metropolitan area. Humble became an oil boomtown in the early 20th century when oil was first discovered there in 1904. By 1905, the Humble oilfield was the largest producing oilfield in Texas. Humble was home of The Humble Oil and Refining Company, a predecessor of Exxon.
The first settlers began moving into the Humble area in the early 19th century. Joseph Dunman is believed to be the first settler in 1828. A ferry was built nearby, across the San Jacinto River. The area of Humble became a center for commercial activity due to the region’s large oil industry.
The city got its name from one of the original founders/settlers, Pleasant Smith Humble, who opened the first post office in his home and later served as justice of the peace. In 1883, a city directory reported that he operated a fruit stand. In 1885, he was a wood dealer, and in 1900, the District 99, Justice Pct. 4, Harris Co., Texas Census reported his occupation as attorney at law.
Humble became an oil boomtown in the early 1900 when oil was first produced there. The first oil was produced a couple years after the famous Spindletop discovery in Beaumont, Texas. Railroad linkage was established in 1904, and shortly thereafter the first tank car of oil was shipped out of Humble’s oil field. By 1905 the Humble oilfield was the biggest producing field in Texas. The Humble oil fields are still active and have produced over 138,835,590 barrels (22,073,095 m3) of oil. The town was the home of the Humble Oil & Refining Company, founded in 1911, a predecessor of Exxon. When the oil boom receded, many land owners returned to truck farming, dairy farming and the timber industry.
Useful links for Humble, TX
Directions from Humble, TX to Masters Services
Here are some masonry-related links:
- The International Masonry Institute
- Mason Contractors Association of America
- The Masonry Institute
- The Masonry Society
- National Concrete Masonry Association