Brick Repair in Deer Park, TX 77536
Fantastic Reasons to Invest in Professional Brick Restoration for Your Deer Park, TX Chimney
If you’re in need of brick restoration services for your Harris County chimney, contact Masters Services! As a leading Deer Park, TX brick repair company that specializes in all aspects of brick restoration and repair, we’ve been enhancing the beauty and improving the structural integrity of brick chimneys and fireplaces for more than 18 years. Our team of fully licensed and insured, professionally trained, and highly experienced technicians use the most advanced techniques, proven strategies, and state-of-the-art equipment to completely revitalize all kinds of brickwork. Whether the bricks in your chimney are loose, cracked, or chipped, or the color has faded and they look weathered and worn, when you choose Masters Services for your brick restoration needs, you can have confidence knowing that your chimney will look as good as it – if not better – than the day it was installed.
Why You Should Invest in Professional Brick Restoration Services for Your Deer Park, TX Chimney
Of all the different types of materials that chimneys can be made of, brick is arguably the most popular. It’s durable, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing, so it’s easy to see why; however, despite these benefits, brick chimneys aren’t infallible. With constant exposure to the elements, extreme temperatures, and caustic fumes that fires produce, brickwork and the mortar that holds it in place experiences a lot of wear and tear. It’s only a matter of time before they start to show signs of damage and lose their appeal. Fortunately, when that happens, there is a way to bring the structure back to life. How? With professional brick restoration services, of course!
What is brick restoration? When should you have your brick chimney restored? What are the benefits of hiring a Deer Park, TX brick repair professional? Keep on reading to learn more about brick restoration, and to discover why it’s a worthwhile investment for your Harris County home.
What is Brick Restoration?
As the name suggests, brick restoration refers to the process of restoring the appearance and the structural integrity of structures that are made of brick, including brick chimneys. The process entails repairing any damage to the brick and mortar (the cement-like material that holds the bricks in place). Loose bricks will be secured, and damaged bricks will be replaced. The color of the brick and mortar will also be rejuvenated. In other words, brick restoration revitalizes your brick chimney.
Signs Your Harris County Brick Chimney Should Be Restored
So, how can you tell when the brickwork on your Harris County chimney needs to be restored? Closely examine the structure. If you notice one or more of the following, it’s definitely time to invest in brick restoration services.
- Discoloration. If the bricks and mortar appear to be discolored – it’s weathered, dull, gray, or faded, for example – you’re going to want to put brick restoration on your list of things to do. Constant exposure to the elements, such as the sun’s harsh UV rays, wind, and rain, can alter the color of the brickwork and mortar joints, weaken the materials, and detract from the aesthetic appeal of your Harris County home.
- Spalling. Spalling occurs when moisture gets trapped inside masonry materials. Signs of spalling include chipping, peeling, and crumbling bricks and mortar joints. It’s a common problem, and while it’s generally an aesthetic issue, if left unchecked, it can cause more severe, widespread damage. Fortunately, brick restoration can correct the issue before it becomes a major concern.
- Mortar damage. Mortar is the glue that holds the bricks your Harris County chimney is made of together. While it’s quite durable, over time, it can deteriorate under the harsh conditions that it’s exposed to on a regular basis. If the mortar joints in your chimney appear thin, are cracking or crumbling, or if pieces are missing, brick restoration is a must. If left unrepaired, the structural integrity of your chimney will become compromised, and eventually, it could completely collapse.
- Bulging bricks. If the bricks on the exterior of your chimney seem to be bulging either inward or outward, you’ll certainly want to have them restored. When moisture seeps into the brickwork, it can travel into the materials that support them, such as wood or concrete. When that happens, the bricks can bulge, and the integrity of the structure will be compromised.
- Cracks. If you spot vertical, horizontal, or diagonal cracks in the brickwork, you’ll want to have them repaired as soon as possible. Cracks do more than negatively impact the beauty of your Harris County chimney; they can also cause more severe problems, such as water damage.
The Benefits of Professional Deer Park, TX Brick Repair and Restoration Services
When it comes to brick restoration, you have two options: you can do the job yourself or you can hire a professional. While attempting to do the job yourself may be tempting, especially if you’re the handy type and you enjoy doing projects around your Harris County house, before you strap on your tool belt and stock up on supplies, here’s a look at some great reasons why you should seriously consider foregoing the DIY attempt and hire a Deer Park, TX brick repair professional instead.
- Better results. Sure, you may be a self-proclaimed Mr. or Ms. Fix-It, and while you may have successfully completed several projects around the house, some jobs are better left in the hands of the professionals, and brick restoration is definitely one of those jobs. It’s true there are lots of great tutorials and how-to guides that detail the brick restoration process, but if you want the best results possible, you’ll want to call in a pro. Brick restoration is a complex process. It requires a lot of skill and the right tools and materials. A licensed Deer Park, TX brick repair professional will have the training, hands-on experience, knowledge, and skill – as well as the appropriate supplies and equipment – to get the job done right. Plus, they’ll make sure that the finished product looks as good as it did the day your chimney was first installed.
- Improved safety. The importance of chimney safety cannot be understated. Each year, chimney fires cause countless dollars in damages, severe injuries, and even death across the United States. Damaged bricks and mortar joints can increase the risk of chimney fires. Plus, if the bricks and mortar aren’t properly restored, the structure will weaken, and could potentially collapse. You also need to consider that the chimney restoration process itself can be hazardous, as it requires the use of heavy materials high off the ground. In order to avoid the dangers that can be associated with poor brick restoration, and to ensure the safety of yourself, your family, and your Harris County home, hiring a Deer Park, TX brick repair specialist is highly recommended.
- Cost savings. One of the reasons why many homeowners attempt to do their own brick restoration is so they can save money. While it’s true that you will have to pay for professional services, in the long run, the DIY approach can end up costing a whole lot more. If you damage your Harris County chimney or property, or if you don’t do the job properly, you could end up causing more costly damage; and, you may need to call in a professional to make the repairs anyway. A reputable Deer Park, TX brick repair specialist will know how to properly restore the brickwork in your chimney, and if any damages do occur, their insurance will cover the related repair costs. The bottom line: hiring a professional is surprisingly more affordable than doing the job yourself.
Contact Harris County’s Brick Restoration Experts
Bring your chimney back to life with brick restoration services from Masters Services! For more than 18 years, our Deer Park, TX brick repair technicians have been expertly restoring the structural integrity and the visual appeal of brick chimneys throughout Harris County. We’ve served dozens of satisfied clients over the years, and we’re confident that we can satisfy your brick restoration needs, too. If you’re interested in more information or you would like to schedule a free consultation, get in touch with us today! Fill out and submit the short contact form on our website or give us a call directly at 972-877-4650. However you get in touch with us, one of our knowledgeable and friendly associates will be more than happy to assist you.
The team at Masters Services is looking forward to restoring the beauty, function, and safety of your brick chimney.
Some information about Deer Park, TX
Deer Park is a city in the U.S. state of Texas within the Houston–Sugar Land–Baytown metropolitan area. The city is located in Harris County and is situated in Southeast Texas. At the 2010 U.S. census, the population of Deer Park was 32,010. Deer Park’s population grew to 33,474 in 2019 according to the American Community Survey.
Deer Park was founded in 1892 by Simeon H. West, a farmer, retired legislator, and much-traveled adventurer from Illinois. He named the town for the large number of deer that roamed the Gulf plains. A railroad station opened later that year and a post office followed in 1893.
The subdivision was established in 1893 and was the site of a Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway station by about 1894. A Deer Park post office was established in 1893, discontinued in 1919, and reestablished in 1930. In 1896, the community, with a population of forty, had a hotel, a general store, and three resident carpenters. By 1922 Deer Park had dwindled down to almost nothing with four houses, one little schoolhouse, and an old hotel with a few scattered shacks along the railroad right-of-way. 1928 brought in Shell Oil Company breaking ground on a new refinery. In the 1930s, an independent school district was established. By 1940, the population had grown to 100. By 1946, however, the area began to flourish as Deer Park became the site of refineries and toluene plants for the production of TNT.
The citizens of Deer Park voted to incorporate on December 12, 1948, and a few weeks later Earl E. Dunn became the first mayor.Because of the 1948 incorporation, Houston did not incorporate Deer Park’s territory into its city limits. The first city council meeting was held on February 7, 1949. The population had grown to 700 by 1948, to 5,000 by 1960 with a fire station, city hall, playground parks and an independent city water supply. A public library was begun in 1962. Population was 12,773 in 1970, and 28,520 in 2000. This growth has been fueled by the growth of the petrochemical industry as well as the growth of business along the Houston Ship Channel. Deer Park has a school district with 14 campuses, a city library, community theater, municipal court building, three fire stations, numerous city parks and recreational facilities, state-of-the-art water and sewer processing facilities, a post office, several hotels, 14 major industries as well as several light industrial companies. Today, Deer Park has approximately 9,000 homes and more than 30,000 residents.
Directions from Deer Park, TX to Masters Services
Here are some masonry-related links:
- The International Masonry Institute
- Mason Contractors Association of America
- The Masonry Institute
- The Masonry Society
- National Concrete Masonry Association